6.20.2011

Five Years Ago on Father's Day Weekend

I wanted to share with you the sermon that launched our church on the Life Coaches (now Father's Light Mentors) ministry path five years ago.  It ranks as one of the top 10 sermons I've ever heard.  I was a kindergarten Sunday School teacher and small group leader at the time.  Sitting in the pews, I knew I had no time to get involved, but I could barely keep myself from bee-lining it to the ministry table after David Michael's rousing call to serve.

Some 15 months later, God made a way for me to join Mike (the Life Coaches leader at that time) and two other faithful men in the church to relaunch the ministry.  Almost four years later, we've seen God raise up over 20 men and women to dedicate one year of their life (and beyond) to mentoring father-absent children.  And by God's grace 16 are actively mentoring in our church's ministry today!

The sermon is about 50 minutes long and worth hearing in entirety.  The call to serve as a Life Coach/Father's Light mentor comes just before the 41:00 mark if you like to cut to the chase :)

http://www.hopeingod.org/sermon/more-abundantly-all-we-ask-or-think

Hoping with you that we can "blow the dust off this sermon" in 16 years and "marvel,"

Tony

No comments:

Post a Comment