10.04.2010

A Mother's Plea

I recently received this message from one of the mothers of a child on our waiting list.  Her earnest desire for a Christ-centered mentor for her son is echoed among so many mothers we work with:

Dear Tony, my son is an active, loving, outgoing seven-year-old. He is really into sports, and is eager to learn.  He is very intelligent. He says his dream someday, is to be in the NBA. 
He may be our ministry's most faithful prayer.
My son has one sister. He is very close to his sister.  They have stuck together during hard times. Their dad was verbally and emotionally abusive. Fortunately, my son was only two so he doesn’t remember much. He was dedicated to the Lord a few years ago, and he loves Jesus. I strive everyday to show him what is best in life, but he is still missing a Christian male role model.

My son has been on the waiting list for 20 months now. We pray together every single day for God to bring the right mentor. He has been very patient. I know God has His own timing, and that is one thing My son is learning through all this.  

This young man lives in Bloomington and has the difficult distinction of being on our waiting list longer than any other.  We are doing our Fall promotion this weekend at all Bethlehem campuses.  Please join me in praying that mentors come forward for him and many of the 30 other father absent children on our list.  Please consider forwarding the blog link on to anyone you know who might be interested in mentoring, especially with the young man above.


No comments:

Post a Comment